1. DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller in accordance with the applicable data protection law is A-Wave Oy (hereinafter together “A-Wave”, “we”, “us” or “our”). A-Wave is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is processed in compliance with this Policy and applicable data protection laws.
Contact details of the data controller:
Business ID: 1931114-0
Address: Metsänneidonkuja 6, 02130 Espoo, Finland
Contact details of the privacy manager:
Teemu Piirainen, CEO
Address: Metsänneidonkuja 6, 02130 Espoo, Finland
Phone: +358 44 222 6666
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect your personal data through different means. As a rule, the personal data processed by us is provided by you when using the Services. We use your personal data for providing and improving the www.awave.fi (“Site”). By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
The personal data we collect includes e.g. the following categories of data:
- We may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site;
- Name and contact details, such as email address and phone number;
- Information relating to client relationship, such as billing information and;
- Client interaction, client contacts and replies.
3. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data for the following purposes:
3.1 Service provision and managing your client relationship
The primary purpose of collecting personal data is to provide the Services and to manage and maintain the client relationship between us and you/the company you represent. In this case, our processing of personal data is based on the contract between you/the company you represent and us.
3.2 Service development and information security
We also process personal data to ensure the security of the Services, to improve the quality of the Services and to develop new features to the Services. In these cases, the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest to ensure that our Services has an adequate level of data security, and that we have sufficient and relevant information at hand to develop our Services.
4. TRANSFERS AND DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose personal data to third parties:
- when permitted or required by law, e.g. to comply with requests by competent authorities or related to legal proceedings;
- when our trusted services providers provide services to us on behalf of us and under our instructions. We will control and be responsible for the use of your personal data at all times;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets; and
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
5. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
Some of our services and subcontractors transfer personal data from EU/EEA to non-EU/EEA countries. In such transfers we make use of either standard contractual data protection clauses (SCCs) or binding corporate rules (BCRs), which have been approved by the European Commission to provide adequate data protection for processing personal data of European Union nationals.
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes defined in this Policy.
Most of your personal data will be retained during the course of your client relationship with A-Wave Oy. Some personal data might be retained after your client relationship with us has ended, if required or allowed by applicable laws. When your personal data is no longer required by law or rights or obligations by either party, we will delete your personal data.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a right to access personal data we process about you. You may access, correct, update, change or remove your personal data at any time. You have a right to object for certain processing. To the extent required by applicable data protection law, you have a right to restrict data processing. You have a right to data portability, i.e. right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit your personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law.
If you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data, you have a right to file in a complaint to your national data protection authority in the EU/EEA. In Finland, that is Tietosuojavaltuutetun toimisto. You can find contact details of Tietosuojavaltuutetun toimisto here: http://www.tietosuoja.fi/fi/index/yhteystiedot.html.
We maintain reasonable security measures (including physical, electronic, and administrative) to protect personal data from loss, destruction, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will let you know it on our website at www.awave.fi, where you will also find the latest version of this Policy.